Warehouse CoordinatorFull-time Cleveland, OH
The Warehouse Coordinator works closely with and supports the Operations Manager in the warehouse layout and process flow design and coordinates receiving and shipping activities. Planning and scheduling of trucks and shipments; truck load compliance; monitoring and following work in process and transfers from order to shipment.
- Ensure the safety, health and welfare of all Millcraft employees by developing, promoting and enforcing good management practices (safety training, complying with all OHSA regulations and Millcraft policies).
- Observe, adhere to and maintain current knowledge of all Occupational Safety and Health Association (OSHA) and safety guidelines.
- Assist in the warehouse layout (including inventory plan), process flow design for receiving, consolidation, cycle counting, and shipping.
- Since the Cleveland Location is a union facility, you must never do union work including:
- Load/unload trucks
- Pull orders, and move inventory
- Assist in making sure load limits are in compliance and not exceeded.
- Provide quality control input to avoid shipment, product and delivery issues. Includes but is not limited to assuring documents are correct and attached properly (packing slips; license plates).
- Answer, screen and transfer incoming phone calls.
- Assist in and perform cycle counting and physical inventory.
- Address issues with equipment including but not limited to warehouse equipment (fork trucks, lift trucks, pallet jacks, computers, mobile devices, and others).
- Provide on-demand updates to Operations Managers, Customer Service Managers and others on the status of products being shipped, transferred or received.
- Assist in answering CL Ops emails
- Utilize the ERP system for inquiries, updates, changes, and others.
- Help train and reinforce training with warehouse and driver personnel.
- Assure daily levels of supplies are maintained for optimal work efficiency.
- Clear and salt exterior walkways when applicable
- Ensure the operations floor and surrounding areas are in clean and orderly condition.
- Complete project work as directed.
- Foster, facilitate and encourage a safe work environment and abide by all safety procedures and standards of the company.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Attendance is a job requirement.
- Sharp attention to detail and highly organized in thoughts and actions.
- Interest in logistics and distribution.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills required.
- Problem solver – identifying issues and finding solutions is FUN to you.
- You are tenacious.
- Accommodating personality. Willingness to help others and to make things better.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and a sharp focus on customer service and satisfaction. You are patient; you listen to first understand.
- Reliable and honest.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lb. cartons on a regular basis.
- Sharp focus on safety and promoting a safe work environment.
High School Diploma required; Associates Degree preferred.
Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office; experience with ERP systems is highly beneficial.
Above average math aptitude is essential.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by a Millcraft employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individual must be able to both sit and speak for extended periods of time. Additional requirements include the ability to walk or navigate about, bend, stoop, squat, push, pull, see, hear, listen, move product, and lift.
The work environment is a working/active warehouse with electric and propane trucks moving throughout the facility. Work is performed primarily within the Operations environment wherein noise is moderate to loud and floors are generally concrete. Temperature is moderated by heat in the winter and air circulation methods in the summer.