Millcraft Paper Company
“At Millcraft, we embrace our opportunity to make a meaningful impact.”
Position Title: Store Manager
Reports To: Director of Store Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Store Manager oversees the daily operation of the store including business development and sales and gross profit growth through engagement with end user and commercial printing customers; manage a small team; create and maintain an appealing store image; and foster a secure environment.
- Full responsibility for a smooth running, adequately staffed operation from open to close in order to provide best-in-class service to our customers.
- Efficiently handle requests for quotations, orders, order changes, adjustments, cancellations, and lead times from customers. These activities occur through counter-sales, telephone, email, and fax.
- Develop, maintain and foster solid customer relationships and be the face of Millcraft in this customer-facing role.
- Utilize our ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics); enter daily orders – with priority on those requiring same day and next day delivery and retrieve customer static and order information.
- In support of business growth and development, make weekly sales calls on current and potential customers. Execute on sales and marketing strategies to meet and exceed company growth and profitability objectives.
- Define key target customers and track progression through metrics and measurables. Handle key account management; provide customer solutions; retain our great customers and grow that community of opportunity.
- Coordinate with Supply Chain management and vendors to order and maintain proper inventory selection and levels.
- Identify items for weekly specials and feature sales. Collaborate on monthly flyers and other sales collateral with Marketing and others. Support the effectiveness of the monthly Feature List.
- Collaborate in AR and Credit activities. Includes consistently reviewing the open account aging report; working in conjunction with the Corporate Credit team on credit-hold issues; accept payments. Make credit and collection calls to customers to effect positive change.
- Handle banking including periodic deposits; provide banking details to appropriate parties in conjunction with Finance/Accounting.
- Collaborate with store personnel and outside sources to support the most efficient and effective movement of paper to our customers.
- Hire, train, develop, evaluate, schedule, and retain store personnel. Manage the store team’s time and attendance content using ADP’s Time and Attendance system.
- Comply with all company procedures and practices.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset. You approach business as though the store is your own. You are interested in growing it to be the best-of-the-best in order to delight our valued customers and to provide a great work experience for the store team!
- In your mind, excellent customer service is paramount.
- You are technically proficient and comfortable using the Internet; Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, and especially Excel); Microsoft Dynamics experience is highly beneficial.
- You’re very organized; you create and maintain a store environment that is pleasing to the customer; clean and secure for every person within it; the store format has a nice flow; the warehouse is orderly and safe. You take pride in the space our customers visit and our employees work in daily.
- Ability to lift at least 75lbs.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- 4-year degree in a field including business, marketing or communications is preferred.
- 3-5 years of managerial or supervisory experience in a retail/wholesale sales and service environment.
- Paper (terminology and grades) and packaging experience is highly beneficial.
Solid basic math aptitude. Understanding of the financial aspects of a store operation from revenue to gross profit.
Ability to analyze, compare, contrast and synthesize information in an efficient and effective manner. Ability to process data and information in an organized manner and generate ideas and recommendations.
Minimal travel is part of the role.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by a Millcraft Paper Company employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individual must be able to both sit and speak for extended periods of time. Additional requirements include the ability to walk or navigate about, bend, stoop, squat, push, pull, lift up to 60 lbs. regularly and consistently, see, hear, and listen in order to fully perform the functions of this position.
The work environment characteristics described herein are generally representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is moderately quiet. Work is performed in an office environment or outside the office with existing or potential customers, employees or others. Within the office, floors may be concrete or tiled. Interaction will occur within a small operations environment wherein noise is moderate to loud and floors are concrete.
Millcraft Paper Company is an EEO employer. We are committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Millcraft Paper Company complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must have authorization to work for Millcraft Paper Company.
Job Type: Full-time