Inside Sales Representative
- Respond to customer requests for quotations, process sales orders and order changes.
- Process sales orders and address order changes
- Place orders with vendors for direct shipment transactions
- Establish and maintain excellent rapport with internal and external customers and vendors.
- Work closely with the sales team, supply chain, operations and suppliers to determine product availability, appropriate pricing, and timely delivery of product.
- Attract potential customers by answering product and service questions; suggesting information about other products and services.
- Recommend potential products or services to management by collecting customer information and analyzing customer needs.
- Participate in team meetings and projects as needed.
- Collecting and reporting on customer information
- Continually builds knowledge of products and services.
- Present and sell company products and services to current and new customers in order to achieve profitable growth and GP.
- Develop, maintain and foster strong strategic relationships with assigned customers.
- Foster solid business partnerships by professionally representing the face of the company in customer interactions. Balance relationships between customers and Millcraft resources by serving as liaison between the customer and the company.
- Identify and vigorously pursue new business to drive overall gross profit growth. Develop relationships through upselling to current customers, prospecting and following up on lead generation activities, networking at local events or seminars, and all others that will serve the advancement and growth of new and expanded business.
- Provide efficient and effective feedback to all appropriate parties resulting from engagement of Voice of Customer activity.
- Manages customer information and data; update status of potential or new business opportunities and other sales related information and provide reporting periodically or as requested. Create and/or prepare various reports including status, activity, closings, follow up, and any others.
- Manages account inventory including hold stock, and receivables to optimize the company’s cash flow and capacity.
- Prepare presentations, proposals and price quotations in various formats including PowerPoint.
- Develop and foster strong working relationships along the operations and distribution continuum and among other key functional units of the organization to optimize effectiveness and efficiency.
- Participate in the formation of actionable, value added solutions through suggestions and feedback to appropriate staff. Identify and communicate ideas that support best practices in sales.
- Passionate about providing best in class customer service
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of accuracy.
- Highly developed and well-established knowledge of sales cycle and client management techniques
- Demonstrated initiative and problem-solving skills while adhering to company policies
- Direct management and accountability for a broad customer base.
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills.
- Polished and well-developed written communication skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to build/maintain customer relationships
- Ability to interface professionally and effectively on all levels with people both externally and internally.
- Ability to positively influence and persuade. Savvy negotiator.
- Strong organization, follow-up and time management skills along with the ability to effectively focus on goals and objectives.
- High technical proficiency including expertise in Microsoft Office Suite, including but not limited to PowerPoint. ERP and/or CRM experience is required.
- Proven ability to create, compose and edit written materials that are presentation-ready, aesthetically pleasing and highly effective.
- A high level of trustworthiness and the ability to achieve and maintain integrity on all levels.
- Professional image and the ability to effectively represent the company both externally and internally.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- 4-year degree preferred; emphasis in Business or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in customer service, business development or inside sales is required.
- Paper and/or packaging or related industry or discipline in customer service or sales
Highly articulate communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate on all levels in various formats.
Intermediate to strong math aptitude. Specifically, the ability to create, maintain and adjust to projections, pricing, budgets, forecasts, and others.
Ability to analyze, compare, contrast and synthesize information is important. Ability to process data and information in an organized manner and generate ideas and recommendations is essential.