Two Sides North America celebrated Earth Day 2017 – with the release of an engaging new infographic on why Going Paperless May Not Be Greener, designed to expose corporate greenwashing due to misleading environmental claims like “go green – go paperless” and bust key myths about the switch from paper to digital. The infographic spotlights such key facts as:
- U.S. forests grew by 5,800 NFL football fields per day between 2007 and 2012 due to sustainable forestry practices.
- 91% of U.S. consumers surveyed agree that print and paper can be a sustainable way to communicate when responsibly produced, used and recycled.
- Paper is one of the most recycled products in North America with recovery rates of 66% and higher.
- Electronic communications have a significant and growing environmental footprint that cannot be ignored by corporations.
- 85% of U.S. consumers surveyed agree that “go green – go paperless” claims are designed to save costs.